[Test-Announce] F-13 Blocker Meeting 2010-04-30 Recap

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon May 3 21:30:37 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 14:58 -0400, Christopher Beland wrote:
> Has it been decided to continue using Target trackers such as F13Target?
> I thought we were going to stop using them entirely since maintainers do
> not pay attention to them.
>
> -B.

We've discussed that we'd like to have maybe three levels of bug
classes.

1) bugs we'd delay the release for.  These are essentially what are on
F13Blocker

2) bugs that we'd really like a fix for, but aren't willing to slip the
release.  This is what F13Target could be for

3) bugs either missing info or unclear, or not really important to the
release.  This would be things not on the above two.

We can barely manage the first one with any sort of regularity and turn
around time.  Trying to manage the second one is nearly impossible.
That's part of the reason why we are using bodhi for F13 now, so that a
maintainer can decide that the update is important, and let the
community of users decide if the update is good enough with karma to get
into the release.

So I would say that we aren't really managing F13Target, but it may give
maintainers a useful place to track bugs.  I'm not sure.  As we develop
improved bug workflow ideas, I doubt the use of F13Target like trackers
would carry forward, unless there is a strong reason/desire from
maintainers for it.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!