Pre-upgrade to F13Beta can't find my root filesystem

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Tue May 4 15:52:35 UTC 2010

I ran pre-upgrade on my F10 system, selected Fedora 13 (branched).

It downloaded all the packages it thought it needed.

It rebooted my system, and the install starts to run.

When it gets to the part about selecting my storage devices, I select
both hard drives in my system.  The second drive is correctly marked as
the boot drive.

The install then tells me it is unable to find my root drive.   ???
At this point, the only option I have in the graphical screen is to exit
installer....   (F10 certainly has no problems finding my root drive   B^)

The root partition is /dev/sda2, and is correctly labeled as such with a
UUID and a LABEL=ROOT.

Why can't it find it?  I can certainly mount my entire filesystem
hierarchy by hand in an alternate console window, and I can traverse it
and read my /etc/fstab and I checked that all the partition UUIDs listed
in there are correct.

How can I proceed from here?  Each day I wait means more updates I need
to apply after the install completes.   B^)

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net