F13 repo question: updates disabled, but updates-testing enabled ??

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Thu May 6 06:01:19 UTC 2010

Is this correct: in F13, the fedora-updates repo is disabled by default,
but fedora-updates-testing is enabled by default.

I'm asking this because: Very often when getting answers to some errors
I reported to bugzilla I get the advice to enable the updates-testing
repo and then run "yum update " for some package x.y.z...

I think, running "yum update" without "--enablerepo=updates-testing"
should do exactly the same (that repo is *enabled by default* !!).

I want to understand the strategy behind :-)

Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>