Schedule slip decision?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu May 6 15:23:42 UTC 2010


On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 09:44 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Our window has shrunk pretty tightly for a release candidate that
> allows us to release on May 18 as currently scheduled.  That task is
> set for today 2010-05-06:
> 
> http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-13/f-13-releng-tasks.html
> 
> There are a few pending blockers on our list, and they seem to be
> getting appropriate attention from developers, but it's not clear
> they'll all be solved in the next several hours.  According to the
> release criteria, we're at risk of a slip, which will affect a number
> of our teams.  Is there a time scheduled at which we'll be calling
> that, based on the criteria and blocker status?

No time, no. It'll become clear whether we can clear up the rest of the
blockers today. There's basically three we're worried about at this
point:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=571900
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=588597
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=587171

the others should go away soon (or aren't blocking the compose). We'd
particularly like input from people who actually understand how the
whole keymap system works, for 571900; we're struggling trying to figure
out exactly how anaconda, s-s-k, s-c-k, gdm and so forth should work
together to ensure correct keymaps are set after installation on console
and in both gdm and GNOME.
-- 
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey
IRC: adamw | Fedora Talk: adamwill AT fedoraproject DOT org
http://www.happyassassin.net



More information about the test mailing list