VMware Server configuration question

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Thu May 6 17:03:33 UTC 2010

On 05/06/2010 03:18 PM, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> That's a possibility too. I've always used VMwware, but I'm willing to
> try anything. Can KVM use pre-built VMware guests directly, or is there
> a wiki detailing the VM/S ->  KVM conversion process?

Our wiki page is here http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Virtualization

Convert a guest from image.vmx into virt-image xml format should be
something along these lines..
( Note these are untested directions I just made since I dont use nor
have a vmware img. close by )

1. # virt-convert image.vmx -o virt-image
2. # cp /path/to/image.raw /var/lib/libvirt/images
3. # restorecon -v -R /var/lib/libvirt
4. # virsh define /path/to/virt-image.xml

virt at lists.fedoraproject.org <-- is your friend in need...

JBG