dual head configuration

David L idht4n at gmail.com
Fri May 7 00:16:41 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Adam Williamson  wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 14:10 -0700, David L wrote:
>> I'm running f13 alpha + up to date as of today and my dual head performance is
>> better on this system:
>>
>> http://www.smolts.org/client/show/pub_e3199baf-6f1e-4f6e-97fb-9b54401f199e
>>
>>  In f13, it just works from the time the graphical login is
>> presented.  However, the order of the monitors is backwards from the way
>> it comes up in f12 and I don't know how to change it.  Although two monitors
>> are happily working, system-config-display doesn't have the dual head box
>> checked and when I do check it to attempt to configure the monitor geometry,
>> it doesn't show a second video card in the dual head configuration tab.
>
> How exactly is your system set up? Two video cards with one monitor
> connected each, or one with two monitors attached? What video driver?

It's one video card - the smolt profile lists it as:
nVidia Corporation NV44 [Quadro NVS 285]

I'm not at work anymore, but according to a quick
google search, that card has a DMS-59 connector.
I have an adapter that breaks that out into two VGA
connections and each monitor is connected to one of
the VGAs.  The video driver looks like nouveau from
the Xorg.0.log.

Thanks,

              David