[Test-Announce] Fedora 13 RC #2 testing open

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Sat May 8 02:49:52 UTC 2010

On Fri, 07 May 2010 20:29:57 -0600
Petrus de Calguarium wrote:

> > I now have no idea what it is talking about
>
> I (seasoned KDE user) believe it means that phonon cannot use pulseaudio
> because of problems with pa, so it is falling back to ALSA, which does work,
> hence you hear sound.

Perhaps, but why can't it use PA? PA works fine with gnome apps, phonon
should be talking to the exact same PA daemon shouldn't it? (Or does KDE
have to have its own special daemon)? Maybe the default PA config from
a live CD wouldn't work in gnome either - I'd have to try the gnome
live CD to find that out I guess.