Fedora 13 RC #2 LiveCD testing. X broken. [radeon dual head]

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat May 8 21:03:01 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-05-08 at 15:31 +0100, colin wrote:
> I have tested Fedora-13-i686-Live.iso and Fedora-13-i686-Live-KDE.iso
> and both still fail to startx on the test machine. Obviously this
> makes it difficult to continue with the rest of the test cases.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Desktop_Test
>
> I am quite new to the fedora release process, but did not see here an
> obvious place to report the problem.
>
> I have uploaded log files that I captured using ssh to bugzilla
> Bug #557447
>
> If there is any specific testing that I can do to help with this
> issue, please ask

Your bug is a hardware-specific X bug, so tracking it in the Bugzilla
report is most appropriate; unfortunately we can't really hold releases
for very specific bugs like this, as we can never entirely eliminate
them from all hardware. We have to go with a judgement call for how
widespread the effect of a bug like this needs to be before we hold the
release for it. Thanks for the report, though!