Hang on boot in F13 RC2

Brian C. Huffman bhuffman at graze.net
Sun May 9 21:42:31 UTC 2010

All,

When booting from the F13 RC2 live CD, I get a complete hang (keyboard,
video, etc) just before going into gdm.  The plymouth "F" has completely
filled and I can see the new animated circular mouse cursor and then the
cursor just freezes solid and the system is completely unresponsive.

I have an nvidia GeForce 8400GS and I suspect nouveau somewhere between
the DRM and X.  doing a "rdblacklist=nouveau nouveau.modeset=0" works.

Same system works fine with Ubuntu 10.04 either nouveau or with nvidia's
proprietary drivers.

How can I help?

Brian