Hang on boot in F13 RC2

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Mon May 10 20:23:31 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 23:15 +0300, shmuel siegel wrote:
> On 5/10/2010 12:42 AM, Brian C. Huffman wrote:
> > I have an nvidia GeForce 8400GS and I suspect nouveau somewhere between
> > the DRM and X.  doing a "rdblacklist=nouveau nouveau.modeset=0" works.
> >

> Thanks for the hint. "rdblacklist=nouveau nouveau.modeset=0" makes X work on my geforce 6100 system. Can this suggestion be added to common bugs?

Sure, please add keyword CommonBugs to the bugzilla tracking this
problem.  Then, either Adam or I will document this issue in the next
couple days.  Bonus points if you can provide the suggested wording and
include the failure directly!

Additional details on adding issues to the Common_F13_Bugs page are
available at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F13_bugs#My_bug_is_not_listed

Thanks,
James