F13 kernel 2.6.433.3-85 breaks b43 wireless (Philip Rhoades)

Philip Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Tue May 11 11:27:46 UTC 2010

In case it is useful or anyone is interested:

On 2010-05-11 11:18, Robert C. Lightfoot wrote:
> Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 10:15:26 +1000
>> From: "Philip Rhoades"<phil at pricom.com.au>
>> Subject: F13 kernel 2.6.433.3-85 breaks b43 wireless
>> To: fedora-test-list at redhat.com
>> People,
>> On a Gateway LT30, going from:
>> kernel-
>> b43-fwcutter-012-2.fc12.i686
>> b43-openfwwf-5.2-3.fc13.noarch
>> broadcom-wl-
>> to:
>> kernel-
>> breaks the wireless connectivity.
 > To Test Team:
 > I will weigh in on this one only to say it might be hardware or kernel
 > On a Dell B120 Laptop
 > Kernel
 > lsmod | grep b43 shows
 > modules b43, mac80211, cfg80211, ssb&  mac_core
 > And the wireless works.

After messing around with some of the suggestions that people made I found
that going back to my original packages with kernel- actually
does work if I wait long enough - it seems on occasions it takes some time
for the connection to be made with the AP - not sure why it varies yet . .

I am using a Gateway LT30 but the only module loaded seems to be "wl" -the
complete list is attached.

Philip Rhoades

GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW	2001