Fedora 13 preupgrade test

Andrew Smith eurodrew555 at yahoo.com.au
Thu May 13 09:54:08 UTC 2010

Some feedback:

After deciding the blocker bugs shouldn't affect my setup I installed
Fedora 13 x86_64 using preupgrade from Fedora 12.
Ran into the usual space issue with /boot partition (had this upgrading
to 12) which required removing all previous kernels, easy fix...

Install went well although I had to leave the upgrade overnight as
SELinux was relabeling the file system - I am running with SELinux
disabled so would be nice if this was optional?

Upon reboot this morning the system hung when trying to start X (I'm
using akmod-nvidia for a GeForce 9400 GT)
I checked xorg logs and I had an API mismatch between the kernel module
and driver.
After going around in circles a bit I fixed this by running the following:

sudo rmmod nvidia
sudo yum remove akmod-nvidia kmod-nvidia*
sudo yum install akmod-nvidia
sudo service akmods restart
startx

Only other problem I found was rpmfusion bumped itself up to rawhide for
some reason and upgrading a few packages to fc14.
I removed rpmfusion and the packages that were upgraded and then
reinstalled....

Apart from these few issues to get the system up and running I haven't
noticed any other issues so far.

Cheers,
Andrew