RC3 Install Report

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Sun May 16 20:45:03 UTC 2010

On 05/16/2010 08:13 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 05/16/2010 08:33 PM, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
>
>> There needs to be a user friendly way to install the
>> Nvidia (or ATI) factory drivers.  Whatever Ubuntu
>> does to get the job done would be a good and sufficient
>> starting point.
>>
>> Fedor with 3d =  "I See You"
>>

> You can use the RPM Fusion packages if you must use the proprietary
> drivers but in the longer term,  free software drivers are the better
> choice.  In Fedora 13,  Intel and ATI should be mostly covered.  For
> Nvidia,  yum install mesa-dri-drivers-experimental package.
>
> Rahul

I installed rpmfusion and installed the Nvidia stuff.
Now Fedora stops loading after it says "starting libvirtd daemon".

I removed xorg.conf but booting has the same problem.

If there is a procedure for installing the Nvidia driver that
"just works" the way it does on Ubuntu, it should be
highlighted if an Nvidia card is present.

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     caf at omen.com   www.omen.com