RC3 Install Report

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sun May 16 21:16:17 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-05-16 at 13:45 -0700, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:

> If there is a procedure for installing the Nvidia driver that
> "just works" the way it does on Ubuntu, it should be
> highlighted if an Nvidia card is present.

As others replied, for support with the proprietary driver, see the
Fusion or NvNews forums.

The above will not happen. Fedora, by principle, does not support or
promote the use of non-free software, and that certainly includes the
proprietary NVIDIA driver. This means we don't include it in Fedora, we
won't include anything in Fedora designed to make it easy to install
proprietary software in Fedora, and Fedora official documentation does
not give detailed instructions on installing proprietary software.