Installed Fedora 13 RC2 On Dell Latitude E6400

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Tue May 18 05:13:14 UTC 2010

On 05/17/2010 03:20 PM, Robert L Cochran wrote:

> Well yes it will, but the install option is trying to build a floppy
> disk image (size=1,474,560 bytes.)

Oh, that's a surprise.

I needed a DOS image myself, for this and other purposes.  I ended up
creating a 10MB file which I used as the hard drive image for a virtual
machine guest (KVM).  I booted that virtual machine from the FreeDOS CD
and installed DOS to the hard drive.  Afterward, I could load that hard
drive using memdisk from either GRUB or PXE with syslinux.  It's come in
handy quite often.  It's certainly more complex than a vendor provided
script, but it does work.  If you're interested I can offer more
guidance in that direction.