"Development Libraries" Yum Group Does Not Install On Fedora 13

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 18 16:11:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, 18 May 2010, Robert L Cochran wrote:

> What I did was start out by installing from a Fedora 13 x86_64 RC2 DVD
> to a brand new hard drive last Saturday. I used the "Desktop" install
> type and have installed other package groups of interest to me using
> yum. Last night I installed the "Development Tools" group and right
> after that, attempted to install the "Development Libraries" group. I
> got the error messages you see above from trying to install "Development
> Libraries". Perhaps I should not be trying to install the libraries
> group but instead do individual packages on an as-needed basis?

Okay - from the errors you're receiving it looks like something is out of
sync. Maybe rc2 got the wrong number of multilib deps or something - but
it looks like yum can't find any updates for the other archs and can't
come up with a better answer.

To check this run:

yum list gnutls openldap

and see what gets returned.