Gnote -- How To Migrate Notes?

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Tue May 18 20:26:54 UTC 2010

On 05/18/2010 04:21 PM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-05-18 at 16:00 -0400, Robert L Cochran wrote:
>

>> Thank you, I did this. Now I can see my old notes. The difficulty is,
>> Fedora 13 fresh installs appear to create a ~/.gnote directory. If the
>> true directory is actually something different, that should not be
>> happening.
>>
>> Bob
>>

> hey,
>
> this really shouldn't be happening. Can someone with a fresh F13 install
> please confirm this behavior and file a bug if it's happening? I can't
> remember if it happened in my F13 or not
>
> :(
>
> regards,
> Ankur

I'm not quite sure of this myself, but I believe I saw a ~/.gnote
directory when I first checked the contents of my Fedora 13 home
directory and then cp'd notes from my backup hard drive. We can find out
the truth by looking at the source rpm for gnote and inspecting the
.spec file. That will tell us if the directory is really created at
install time or not. Who knows, it may turn out that I got it wrong.

Bob