Flash On x86_64 Fedora 13

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Wed May 19 17:29:22 UTC 2010

On 05/19/2010 12:23 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Robert L Cochran
> <cochranb at speakeasy.net>  wrote:
>
>> How do I get flash player support for x86_64 Fedora 13?
>>
>> I'm very dependent on YouTube.
>>
> You can use the beta adobe version on F-13. From the open source point
> of view you can use gnash. I personally I use totem-youtube and watch
> it in the native video player. There is also an interesting project
> called lightspark I've just seen [1]
>
> Peter
>
> [1] http://allievi.sssup.it/techblog/?p=260

Thank you. I installed gnash and it does not seem to work with YouTube.
When clicking to start a video, I get a message "A problem has been
detected. Please try later." I'll look at lightspark later today.

Some mention of flash player compatibility should go into the release
notes, at least for x86_64 arches.

Bob