Enterprisedb.com -- use of PostgresPlus

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Thu May 20 18:41:48 UTC 2010

Robert L Cochran <cochranb at speakeasy.net> writes:
> I received a "Redhat in Government" email at the office, and that led me
> to notice enterprisedb.com (1) which offers a product called PostgresPlus.

> I'm interested in playing with this on Fedora 13, perhaps as the
> database for a wiki I want to set up. But I wonder if it might conflict
> with these two already-installed packages:
> postgresql-jdbc-8.4.701-3.fc13.x86_64
> postgresql-libs-8.4.4-1.fc13.x86_64
> Any ideas?

I just asked EDB's head of packaging, and he says their one-click
installer installs into a private directory tree under /opt.  It
shouldn't conflict with the standard postgres library packages.  Don't
try to run the EDB and standard postgres servers at the same time,
though, at least not unless you take steps to make them not listen on
the same port.

			regards, tom lane