Graphically Unmounting Disk Volumes In Fedora 13

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat May 22 22:41:42 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-05-23 at 03:29 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 05/23/2010 03:27 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> >
> >> Eject actually ejects :-)
> >>
> > Not when what you're 'ejecting' is a USB stick :) It seems like GNOME
> > doesn't do enough filtering to figure out what options to show for what
> > media.
> >

> It seems someone tried to fix that and missed out on a case that has
> resulted in a bug that needs to be fixed.

Are you saying my case is a quirk and I should file a bug? Because I've
never _not_ seen the "Eject" option for a USB storage device, and I've
used dozens of the things on many different machines. (I just re-checked
all the ones I happen to have on the desk, they all show Eject...so do
the SD cards I have lying around here). It doesn't seem like a
single-case quirk to me.