Graphically Unmounting Disk Volumes In Fedora 13

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat May 22 22:50:38 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-05-22 at 18:47 -0400, Robert L Cochran wrote:

> I definitely want to see an 'unmount' option restored.

It seems to me the sensible behaviour would be:

optical disc (is there anything else that can actually be ejected?):
'Eject' and 'Unmount'

other external storage with single partition, or when right-clicking on
the device itself: 'Safely Remove'

other external storage with multiple partitions, when right-clicking on
a partition: 'Unmount' (and 'Safely Remove' too, perhaps)

Does that seem sensible?