Graphically Unmounting Disk Volumes In Fedora 13

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Mon May 24 14:13:59 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 09:19:50AM -0400, Genes MailLists wrote:

>    This is beyond silly - I don't care what you call it, it appears to
> be a useful piece of functionality - what makes you think no-one would
> ever want or need it unless away from the commandline ?

The real question is "Why would I ever want to unmount a partition using
a GUI". What GUI-based tasks are there that require you to unmount a
single partition from a device? Formatting and partitioning should be
handled by Palimpsest which should be able to perform the appropriate
unmounting itself.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org