Testing Results preupgrade 1.1.7-1.fc12 -- Passes i386 and x86_64 F12 to F13

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Tue May 25 12:20:35 UTC 2010

Thanks for the feedback Robert!

On Mon, 2010-05-24 at 19:13 -0400, Robert C. Lightfoot wrote:
> Tested F12.i386-DVD with preupgrade 1.1.7-1
> /boot was 500mb
> upgrade was successful no issues
> package-cleanup --orphans produced http://fpaste.org/a2Ba/
> Notice - package-cleanup produces a bunch of python errors if the
> Network Interface is unplugged none of which point to eth0
> CONSIDER THIS A PASS AND READY FOR RELEASE ON MY SYSTEM
>
> Tested F12.x86_64-DVD with preupgrade 1.1.7-1
> /boot was 500mb
> upgrade was successful no issues
> package-cleanup --orphans produced http://fpaste.org/dtch/
> Notice - package-cleanup produces a bunch of python errors if the
> Network Interface is unplugged none of which point to eth0
> CONSIDER THIS A PASS AND READY FOR RELEASE ON MY SYSTEM

Can you explain how you are using the DVD and testing
preupgrade-1.1.7-1?  Are you just installing the initial F-12 system
using the DVD?

> On 05/21/2010 09:53 PM, test-request at lists.fedoraproject.org wrote:
> > A final release of F13 is coming on Tuesday and we need
> > to have working preupgrade in F12 before that. If you
> > have the possibility, please install this update
> >
> > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/preupgrade-1.1.7-1.fc12
> >
> > and use preupgrade to upgrade your system to F13. Add
> > karma, report problems. Thanks.

While the version of preupgrade tested is now released to stable,
posting karma feedback is still valuable.  Feel free to add a +1 to the
bodhi update
(https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/preupgrade-1.1.7-1.fc12).

Thanks,
James