F13 duplicate disk icons in Nautilus

Andrew Smith eurodrew555 at yahoo.com.au
Thu May 27 05:51:51 UTC 2010

Hi guys,

I'm getting 2x icons for each of my drives that are mounted in F13.

My /etc/fstab for these drives is:

LABEL=files                   /media/files                          ext4
rw,nosuid,nodev,uhelper=devkit,user,exec 0 0
LABEL=files-backup     /media/files-backup             ext4
rw,nosuid,nodev,uhelper=devkit,user,exec 0 0
LABEL=media                /media/media                       ext4
rw,nosuid,nodev,uhelper=devkit,user,exec 0 0
LABEL=media-backup  /media/media-backup          ext4
rw,nosuid,nodev,uhelper=devkit,user,exec 0 0

The drives are mounting automatically in /media and their icons appear
once on the Gnome desktop.

However, in Nautilus I get two icons - one for the mounted drive and one
for the drive as if it's unmounted.

Any ideas why this might be happening - I've had a look at the settings
for Nautilus in gconf-editor but everything is set to default.

Cheers,
Andrew