Newer kernels in F13 (and F12)

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat May 29 16:20:11 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 11:55:44 -0400,
  Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> wrote:

> I'm fairly sure that kernel version upgrades have taken place in the past, but I
> don't know what policy might be on doing so. Since I've been told that my pet
> bug will not be in FC13, if a fix comes out I will happily build my own kernel,
> and be happy to do so. There have been times in the past when a rawhide kernel
> pulled in many things I didn't want to touch, so kernel.org source is still
> desirable at times.

In the post Kyle made he suggested that 2.6.34 test builds for F13 would
probably be happening pretty soon. And F14 should be going to 2.6.35 soon.
2.6.33 support will be ending soon, so F13 will need to move on to 2.6.34.

F12 uses 2.6.32 which is getting longer support, so there is no special
pressure to change the kernel there.