F13: Desktop icons gone?

cornel panceac cpanceac at gmail.com
Sun May 30 04:13:17 UTC 2010

yesterday i could no longer see the applications/places/system menu (text).
however, clicking on the places where it should have been, displays a menu
where the items name is missing. but moving mouse around the missing texts,
shows the item description! clicking on the missing text actually worked :)
today everything is back without any action from me.

2010/5/30 drago01 <drago01 at gmail.com>

> On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 12:23 AM, Dennis J. <dennisml at conversis.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > After the last boot my F13 doesn't show any icons. Everything else seems
> > work fine. I can also change e.g. the desktop background and I don't see
> > any obviously relating errors in /var/log/message. It just looks like F13
> > has decided that I don't really need to have any icons on my desktop.
> > Any ideas what the problem might be?
>
> Seems like nautilus is not running ...
> --

Among the maxims on Lord Naoshige's wall, there was this one: "Matters of
great concern should be treated lightly." Master Ittei commented, "Matters
of small concern should be treated seriously."
(Ghost Dog : The Way of The Samurai)