Newer kernels in F13 (and F12)

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Mon May 31 22:31:56 UTC 2010

On 05/31/2010 10:25 PM, Vedran Miletić wrote:
> 2010/5/31 Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com>:
>
>> Haven't seen one. So far, I've found fc14 kernels boot fine on F13, and
>> kernel is a fairly safe package to try this with anyway, since if it
>> doesn't work you haven't really lost anything, you can just boot back to
>> the F13 kernel.
>>
> Jon, could you kick off a scratch build again?

FYI, anyone with a Fedora account can kick off a scratch build and you
don't need to be a Fedora package maintainer to do that.  Get a account
from

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts

That is done with just a few clicks.

# yum install fedora-packager

Run the following command to set things up

# fedora-packager-setup

Download the srpm you want to build and then run something like:

$ koji build --scratch dist-f14  /path/to/srpm

Rahul