Preupgrade change?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Nov 1 17:20:35 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-10-31 at 19:26 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 30 October 2010 19:48, Paul Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> > * https://fedorahosted.org/preupgrade/changeset?new=data%40d42e6189dbe4ad7591d422f200a31ad196125dcc&old=data%404157e81ce428be819a957a31be5a19bcc6bd2efe
> >  Shouldn't Rawhide always stay in the list of releases?
>
> No, we can no longer preupgrade to rawhide.
>
> > * Will there be a preupgrade available on release day for F1{2,3} ->
> > F14?  I thought I saw discussion about this either here on the test
> > list or elsewhere but I can't seem to find it -- sorry for being
> > repetitive if this has already been discussed.
>
> Yes, possibly a few days after.

A few days after would be rather bad and should have been previously
clearly communicated, given that preupgrade is one of our official 'Good
Ways To Upgrade' and lots of people want to upgrade on release day. If
there's a significant chance preupgrading to F14 won't be possible on
release day, could you please co-ordinate with the appropriate teams to
ensure the PRs that go out on release day explain this and give an ETA
for preupgrade?