Preupgrade change?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 20:10:44 UTC 2010

On 1 November 2010 17:20, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> A few days after would be rather bad and should have been previously
> clearly communicated, given that preupgrade is one of our official 'Good
> Ways To Upgrade' and lots of people want to upgrade on release day. If
> there's a significant chance preupgrading to F14 won't be possible on
> release day, could you please co-ordinate with the appropriate teams to
> ensure the PRs that go out on release day explain this and give an ETA
> for preupgrade?

Sorry, I misunderstood. preupgrade to f14 should work on release day,
as it should get the release data from
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/releases.txt (someone just has to
update stable=true on release day and sync it) -- what will take a few
days is for me to push a preupgrade package that enables the "There is
a new release available" notification.

There's no reason to push this on release day as clients only check
for new releases once a week by default.

Richard.