Fw: Firefox 3.6, open pdf outside of browser

stan gryt2 at q.com
Tue Nov 2 02:47:22 UTC 2010

On Mon, 01 Nov 2010 22:14:19 -0400
> Richard Ryniker <ryniker at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>
> Click:  Edit -> Preferences -> Applications
>
> Find the line in the first column (Content Type) for "PDF file" and
> select your desired program.  I had to select "Use other" and
> navigate to my preference, acroread; you should choose your preferred
> application.

It opens them just fine with the default pdf viewer (pdfview?).  The
problem is that it now embeds them in a browser window rather than
opening them externally. I can't find the binary name of the program (or
the program configuration) that is doing this in order to change the
behavior.

If I can't find it I'll take your advice and just use another program
that I *can* find and change to have the behavior I want.  But I've
never had a problem with the default, so I see no reason to change it
unless I have to.

Thanks for the response.