F14 Flag Day Breaks Pan Newsreader

stan gryt2 at q.com
Sat Nov 6 01:17:26 UTC 2010

On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 16:21:02 -0700
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R <caf at omen.com> wrote:

> Since installing F14 the Pan newsreader has been unable to
> read multipart binary postings.  Errors like this appear.
>
>   Warning: PCRC32 mismatch   Decoded file probably corrupt.
>
> This is with the version of Pan installed with
> system>admin>add/remove.

You must have something else wrong.  Pan is working just fine here on
F14, and has from the time of install.  I installed using yum, but that
shouldn't matter.

 pan-0.133-4.fc12.src.rpm

Despite the name, it is on F14, and everything is fully up to date with
updates-testing.

Perhaps there is a dependency that is missing because of packaging
error?

Try running
yum deplist pam