F14 Flag Day Breaks Pan Newsreader

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Sun Nov 7 12:23:35 UTC 2010

On 11/06/2010 02:30 AM, test-request at lists.fedoraproject.org wrote:
> Message: 3 Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 18:17:26 -0700 From: stan
> <gryt2 at q.com> Subject: Re: F14 Flag Day Breaks Pan Newsreader To:
> test at lists.fedoraproject.org Message-ID:
> <BLU0-SMTP2015306A32376E279CB1FE3EE4D0 at phx.gbl> Content-Type:
> text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 16:21:02 -0700
> Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R <caf at omen.com> wrote:
>> >  Since installing F14 the Pan newsreader has been unable to
>> >  read multipart binary postings.  Errors like this appear.
>> >
>> >     Warning: PCRC32 mismatch   Decoded file probably corrupt.
>> >
>> >  This is with the version of Pan installed with
>> >  system>admin>add/remove.
> You must have something else wrong.  Pan is working just fine here on
> F14, and has from the time of install.  I installed using yum, but that
> shouldn't matter.
>
>   pan-0.133-4.fc12.src.rpm
>
> Despite the name, it is on F14, and everything is fully up to date with
> updates-testing.
>
> Perhaps there is a dependency that is missing because of packaging
> error?
>
> Try running
> yum deplist pam

The klibido newsreader also corrupts yenc encoded binary postings.

Pan on Ubuntu 10.10 is downloading the very same posting that
Fedora can't get with no difficulty.

Something in the "bowels" of Fedora 14 is causing two different programs
to corrupt data.  I wonder what else is being corrupted in F14.

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     caf at omen.com   www.omen.com