Audio and Gallium3D woes in Rawhide

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Nov 9 04:40:46 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-08 at 23:21 -0500, Thomas Belvin wrote:
> I recently upgraded to Rawhide from F14 Updates-Testing. I can get
> audio with the old kernel, but booting into the Rawhide kernel kills
> the audio, and Gallium3D died after the upgrade. I can get pulse audio
> listed in SystemSettings when I do "pulseaudio -k", but I still get
> "Dummy Output" every where else and no audio. Also instead of
> Gallium3D I get software mode in either kernel after the upgrade. I
> was wondering if no audio and no Gallium3D is common right now in
> Rawhide. I did a quick search for bugs, but didn't see any for "dummy
> output" (just a lot of possibly unrelated pulse complaints) or
> "gallium" (also a lot of possibly unrelated nouveau complaints).

I just upgraded to Rawhide today and have similar problems. pavucontrol
reports no available output devices, and though glxinfo reports
nouveau / gallium3d as the renderer, trying to run gnome-shell I get an
X error and trying to run compiz I get a bunch of LLVM errors. airlied
said that will likely get looked at soon. I'm not sure what's going on
with the Pulse issue.