Virtually impossible to keep load under 0.5 on idle desktop with F14+kms

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Tue Nov 9 04:41:45 UTC 2010

On 11/08/2010 04:46 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> Not much, but I did ask kernel team if there was any reason to consider
> it a release blocker, and they didn't seem particularly bothered.

This should be added to the CommonBugs page, shouldn't it? It is not
normal to have >0.00 if a system is completely idle. It's shocking to
see no kernel hacker have interest in fixing this issue after over three
months of it being reported. The load counter is pretty much useless at
the moment.

P.S. I am seeing 0.92 load on the system I am typing this message on.
The only program running is Thunderbird! (99% idle)