kde 64bit nightly compose iso

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 14 02:05:07 UTC 2010

From: Rob Healey <robhealey1 at gmail.com>
To: Fedora Development List <test at lists.fedoraproject.org>
Sent: Sat, November 13, 2010 4:02:30 PM
Subject: kde 64bit nightly compose iso

Dear Kevin:

I am just asking if you were able to fix the 64bit iso for KDE?  I would also
like to know about when you will upload it and make it available?

I am sorry to be irritating you, but I am anxiously awaiting for the iso...

Sincerely yours,
Rob G. Healey

________________________________

Dear Rob & et. all,

I had a successfully pre f14 x86_64 bit machine, but I believe many packages are
broken :(, and one cannot do anything with it anyway.  Don't mean to be
offensive to anyone, but for two weeks, rawhide is dead in my two machines. \

If one can use a livecd/livedvd, can we chroot /mnt/sysimage and yum update from
there?  Reinstalling is not what is my mind, unless other tried methods don't
work.  I have tried logging into level 3, and yum updating from there, but there
are too many broken things, even turning selinux to permissive gets me nowhere
:(  I guess I wanted to test rawhide because I felt guilty not being able to
help out much with Fedora 14, and I am paying for it with Fedora 15 :(

Regards,

Antonio

P.S.  Will try to update through Fedora 14 release, using chroot /mnt/sysimage
yum update and see if I can get anywhere, but next week not right now on those
machines :(