WRT MacBook Air and Fedora

Jurgen Kramer gtmkramer at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 16 17:32:59 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-16 at 18:03 +0100, Jan Wildeboer wrote:
> On 11/16/2010 05:59 PM, Jurgen Kramer wrote:
>
> > I guess this is no longer necessary as the patch seems to be in
> > rawhide :-). Very nice to see this is being picked up so quick.
>
> Correct :-) /me is almost happy with Fedora on MBA3. Now the nouveau
> part esp suspend/resume needs a fix.
>
> Did you also try to get the internal speakers working with your patch?
> Because they remain silent even after the update :-(
>
> jan

I tried to get the internal speakers working but so far no go :(....only
the headphones work properly. Someone on the Ubuntu forums suggested
another quirk is needed for patch_cirrus.c for the 11.6", something
like:

SND_PCI_QUIRK(0x10de, 0xcb89, "MacBookAir 3,1", CS420X_MBP55),

I am not so sure but I am going to try it anyway :).

Jurgen