New tester looking for a mentor

xuan.ai snake.a.x at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 13:22:13 UTC 2010

hi gang:

I'm new here and i'm looking for a mentor, please see my information
below.

Name: xuan.ai
Time Zone / Country: UTC+8/China
Skills:
- Knowlegde of bash shell scripts
- Knowlegde of the C programming language
- Knowlegde of software testing
Experince:
- used work for a game studio as a full time tester, test experince
include:
- In-game test, walkthrough and report bugs.
- Localization test, focus on the text translation
- ETR(Expected Technical Requirement) compliance test, which mainly
about game installer/uninstaller behavior.
- Data warehouse tool test(based on MySQL).

Why i'm joining:
- i like linux and i'm trying to start a linux career, i'm looking for a
community project for a period, after read the material of Fedora
project i think this test project is a good start for me.

What i'm looking to do (be specific):
- i'm ready for both system test and application test, just like i
mentioned in the title, i can use a mentor's help to start the vital
steps.

How much time you can contribute (usually hours per week):
- About 5 to 10 hours a week.

More infor:
Since i quit my testing job a few month ago, i was taking a linux
developer's training (the courses includ the C programming language,
data structure, socket programming, etc.),  now i'm trying to start a
linux career.

As English is not my first language, if there's any expression in my
mail confused your, just inform me.

regards,

xuan.ai
mail: snake.a.x at gmail.com