[Fedora QA] #135: Proposed Test Day - TOPIC How about a consideration of the dual boot issues from Fedora 13?

Fedora QA trac at fedorahosted.org
Wed Nov 24 18:43:38 UTC 2010

#135: Proposed Test Day - TOPIC  How about a consideration of the dual boot
issues from Fedora 13?
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  dramsey   |       Owner:
      Type:  task      |      Status:  new
 Component:  Test Day  |     Version:
Resolution:            |    Keywords:  dual boot
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Changes (by jlaska):

  * milestone:  Fedora 14 => Fedora 15

Comment:

 Moving to F-15 milestone.  From the anaconda-devel-list thread, there
 doesn't seem to be much support for detecting grub2 based-distros
 (ubuntu).  Bcl [https://www.redhat.com/archives/anaconda-devel-
 list/2010-October/msg00260.html indicates] that support for dual-booting
 is centered around windows partitions.

 I could be missing something, but at present, this doesn't strike me as a
 good test day topic if we are interested in feedback of dual-booting with
 other linux distros.  However, if we can drum up interest in testing
 Windows dual-boot scenarios ... we can probably come up with a small test
 matrix for contributors to help with.  I don't have a good sense for how
 common windows licenses and installation media are with testers.  I know I
 don't have any.

 || || Windows 2000 || Windows NT || Windows Vista || Windows 7 ||
 || F15 on MBR || || || || ||
 || F15 on Partition || || || || ||
 || F14 upgrade || || || || ||

 dramsey: thoughts?