rawhide dependancy error, wirjaround???

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 18:21:53 UTC 2010

On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 08:40:23 -0800, Rob wrote:

> Greetings All:
>
> Today, I have gotten my first dependancy error with rawhide that I could not
> solve myself!

It's not a dependency error, but a conflict. Both problems may be related
in some cases, but not always.

> Here is what I got:
>
> Transaction Check Error:
>   file /etc/dbus-1/system.d/org.freedesktop.UPower.conf from install of
> upower-0.9.7-1.fc15.x86_64 conflicts with file from package
> DeviceKit-power-1:0.9.0-1.fc13.x86_64

You could examine the packages a bit and notice that upower is a successor
of DeviceKit-power since Fedora 14. So, normally the packages in the
upower namespace ought to obsolete the DeviceKit-power packages. Only
upower-devel does that for DeviceKit-power-devel, however. In the latest
build of upower in koji, the "Obsoletes" tag for DeviceKit-power is
missing. The package changelog doesn't comment on that in detail.

 --> http:/bugz.fedoraproject.org/upower

is a convenient place where to follow a direct link to bugzilla.
If you want to help, please open a bug report.