WRT MacBook Air and Fedora

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 19:54:08 UTC 2010

On 11/26/2010 06:11 PM, Kyle McMartin wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 05:28:10PM +0000, "J?hann B. Gu?mundsson" wrote:
>> http://kyle.fedorapeople.org/kernel/2.6.35.9-62.bz657388.3/x86_64/
>>
>> You could try that kernel and also check the bits in the dmesg.
>>
>> ASM_ID=0x%04x<- grep for that printk, and take the (value&  0x38)>>  3
>> if it's anything but 1, 3, 7, 5, then it could potentially be a problem.
>>
> Looking at the thread, the MBA looks to have a Cirrus Logic codec, and
> not a Realtek one, so that kernel isn't going to fix anything for them.

True then again Jurgen mention that the patch works for him while Jan
says it does not...

Assuming that..

config SND_HDA_CODEC_CIRRUS is set to yes to include the cirrus Logic
codec support in snd-hda-intel driver

And

config SND_HDA_CODEC_NVHDMIis set to yes which will include NVIDIA HDMI
HD-audio codec support in snd-hda-intelwhich should support NVIDIA MCP89

And he still has not sound and he has tried something like  echo
"options snd-hda-intel model=mbp55" >> /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf I
would try the .37 from your repo if it's not utterly broken that is.

Worst case scenario is that he continues to experience no sound.

JBG

1. http://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio-Models.txt