gvfs sftp times out.

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Fri Oct 1 17:32:11 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm not 100% sure on how to get more details on this to be more helpful.

I noticed recently that the ability to connect to SSH (SFTP) has broken
from within nautilus. I assume that this uses gvfs to achieve.

Whenever I try to connect to my SFTP bookmark (or any SFTP connection),
I get an error stating the connection has timed out.

$ rpm -qa | grep gvfs | sort
gvfs-1.6.4-1.fc14.i686
gvfs-afc-1.6.4-1.fc14.i686
gvfs-archive-1.6.4-1.fc14.i686
gvfs-fuse-1.6.4-1.fc14.i686
gvfs-gphoto2-1.6.4-1.fc14.i686
gvfs-obexftp-1.6.4-1.fc14.i686
gvfs-smb-1.6.4-1.fc14.i686

If I try to use gvfs-mount manually, I get:
$ gvfs-mount ssh://username@hostname:2222:~/
Error mounting location: Timed out when logging in

$ gvfs-mount ssh://username@hostname:~/
Error mounting location: ssh program unexpectedly exited

Where abouts should I start hunting for info on this to lodge a BZ on it?

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: http://www.crc.id.au