[Test-Announce] Fedora 14 Beta RC3 Available Now!

Jon Hermansen jon.hermansen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 07:42:38 UTC 2010

> If not, I have no way to install Fedora without assistance from
> someone. That would not be good at all.

Have you considered upgrading instead of a fresh install? Some users
reported success about a month ago:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2010-09-02_Preupgrade

Alternatively, you may be able to use koan/cobbler to reinstall your
pre-existing system.

http://fedorahosted.org/cobbler/

I would be more than happy to assist with a VNC install if you can open a
port in your firewall (or perhaps a reverse VNC connection is possible),
send me a private e-mail if you're interested.

I suggested the SSH alternative because someone can sniff out your entire
telnet session (passwords included) if they are on your private network or
can poison your router's ARP cache. Is there some
functionality/accessibility that the telnet install provided that SSH won't?
Maybe that is the best way to address this problem, even if after the F-14
final release...