R -> texlive -> libpoppler

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Sun Oct 3 14:23:46 UTC 2010

On 10/03/2010 09:51 AM, Stefan Grosse wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 08:54:50 -0600 Orion Poplawski wrote:
>

> OP> R uses latex for documentation.  Not sure if there is a sensible
> OP> split that would make it optional.  It should be able to require
> OP> tex(latex) I believe for generic latex support.
>
> Not to forget Sweave: R offers the possibility to create 'dynamic'
> statistical reports typeset with LaTeX (very nice feature!) so
> "bundeling" absolutely makes sense from my point of view...
>
> Stefan

   Also note one point was that some of use a different (and newer)
version of latex ... so why force a particular and older one ? And
besides, if one wants one of those latex-dependent reports just install
latex ...

 I'd much prefer to think of this feature more like a browser plugin -
useful, functional nice if you want it .. but not required.