Installing F14 beta using btrfs question

stan gryt2 at q.com
Sun Oct 3 21:32:23 UTC 2010

Hi,

Because everything went so well with the beta, I thought about
overwriting an old F10 partition with F14 as a test bed for btrfs.  But
I noticed that it isn't possible to reformat (or format) to btrfs as
part of the install (at least it wasn't with the custom partitioning
scheme).

Would there be a way to do this, even indirectly?

The nearest I've come so far is to reformat the partition as btrfs, and
then do an rsync from the new F14-beta ext4 partition.  Of
course, I'd have to edit fstab, and grub, etc. but these are
pretty minor tweaks.  Would I need a separate boot for grub as ext4, or
can it boot from btrfs?