What is the current F14 state?

Michał Piotrowski mkkp4x4 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 22:16:18 UTC 2010

W dniu 3 października 2010 23:58 użytkownik Bruno Wolff III
<bruno at wolff.to> napisał:
> On Sun, Oct 03, 2010 at 23:35:20 +0200,
>  Michał Piotrowski <mkkp4x4 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm thinking about upgrade of my devel (php, python2, python3,
>> postgres, mysql, firebird, cherokee, apache, git, some xorg related
>> libs etc) system from F13 to F14Beta+. I've seen recently some bug
>> reports about serious bugs associated with glibc, gcc, kernel. Do
>> these problems has been eliminated? Are there any known serious
>> outstanding issues?
>
> I believe that the gcc and glibc stuff is fixed, at least with testing
> enabled.

How should I use testing with preupgrade? Is it enough that I turn on
this repo by default in /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates-testing.repo ?

> I am not sure which kernel problem you are referring to.

There were some problems with system boot after upgrade - I'm not
quite sure whether it was specifically kernel or glibc problem.

> There
> was some recent security updates that affected pretty much all versions.
> I haven't run into any f14 specific problems recently.

Good to know. I'll try to update system. I will let know if there are
any problems

Regards,
Michal