What is the current F14 state?

Michał Piotrowski mkkp4x4 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 14:26:43 UTC 2010

2010/10/4 James Laska <jlaska at redhat.com>:
> On Mon, 2010-10-04 at 15:28 +0200, Michał Piotrowski wrote:

>> > Should not be required, but hard to say without more details.  I suspect
>> > it the installer stopped and was prompting you for some information
>> > (perhaps language or keymap)?  Do you have access to the installer logs
>> > from the preupgrade attempt?
>>
>> Yes, I've got some logs from installation. I can post it - it's about 226 kb.
>
> I wouldn't mind seeing the logs (fpaste.org).  Can you
> paste /root/upgrade.log, /root/install.log and /var/log/anaconda.log?

anaconda.log
http://fpaste.org/FFnR/

anaconda.program
http://fpaste.org/jNYH/

anaconda.storage
http://fpaste.org/u5mA/

anaconda.syslog
http://fpaste.org/AqTK/

anaconda.xlog
http://fpaste.org/gWwP/

anaconda.yum
http://fpaste.org/CqmZ/

upgrade.log
http://fpaste.org/Lzn4/

upgrade.log.syslog
http://fpaste.org/2KtM/

That's all I have - I deleted install.log one and a half years ago.

> Did the install ever complete?

I don't know - this box is not attached to any display - I was not
able to verify it.

According to this
http://fpaste.org/Lzn4/
packages was installed.

>  Or did you force reboot it before it
> ever started/completed?

I ran preupgrade - it downloaded all packages, then I reboot system. I
waited for almost two hours before I turned off it manually. System at
that time did not respond to ping.

>  When preupgrade reboots into the installer, it
> sets up a boot-next grub target which will boot into the installer
> *only* for the next reboot.  If you reboot multiple times before
> starting the installer, it will boot back into your previously defined
> default boot target.

It seems to me that the system is properly upgraded.

> Thanks,
> James

Regards,
Michal