[Test-Announce] Fedora 14 Blocker Bugs + Review Meeting 2010-10-08 @ 16:00 UTC (12 PM EST)

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Thu Oct 7 12:08:49 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-07 at 11:12 +1100, Steven Haigh wrote:
> On 10/07/2010 08:53 AM, John Poelstra wrote:
> > When: Friday, 2010-10-08 @ 16:00 UTC (12 PM EST)
> > Where: #fedora-bugzappers on irc.freenode.net
> >
> > Here are the current bugs listed as blocking the final release of Fedora
> > 14. We'll be discussing all of these to determine if they meet the
> > criteria, should stay on the list, and are getting the attention they
> > need.
> >
> > --If you are the OWNER of one of these bugs, PLEASE add a comment to the
> > bug letting us know how things are going and what you are planning to do
> > next.  I
> >
> > --If your bug is in MODIFIED, please make sure a build and bodhi update
> > have been submitted.  If that's already happened, please change the bug
> > to ON_QA so we can start test verificaiton.
>
> Hi John,
>
> Can you please add 637495 to the discussion. It is currently set as
> ON_QA, however the issue is not resolved. I can only change the status
> to CLOSED, which is not desirable :)

After working with Steven I was able to reproduce the issue using a USB
optical drive.  However, it seems not all USB optical drives are created
equal.  The proposed fix resolves the issue for my optical drive ... but
the problem remains for Steven.  We may need to split this out into 2
bugs.

My understanding from Harald is that both USB optical drives are
behaving badly.  The updated udev makes a few more attempts to correctly
recognize a misbehaving USB drive.  However, it is unclear whether the
remaining misbehaving drive is a problem we can resolve in software or
drive firmware.

I've added a request for feedback from Harald, hopefully we'll have some
additional information for the blocker meeting this Friday.

Thanks,
James