openldap - please test updates

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 09:29:49 UTC 2010

On Wed, 06 Oct 2010 08:30:00 -0700, Adam wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-10-06 at 15:34 +0200, Jan Vcelak wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > please, test following critical path updates:
>
> I'm wondering if we should reach out to forums and users@ list to find
> users of previous stable releases who can be proven testers. It feels
> like we have 14 covered much better than 12 and 13...

Given Fedora's rapid release cycle, spending time on 12 while 13 is
current and 14 is Beta just doesn't make [much] sense. If no user of 12
and openldap has noticed the openldap test update in 77 days, and not even
the bug reporters give feedback (or have they done so in bz?), perhaps the
target group is non-existant.
Packagers and Testers cannot use more than one dist on a daily basis
unless they work with multiple machines running different dists. And even
then, performing tests painstakingly takes time.
So far, with the new "Package Update Acceptance Criteria", some bad bugs
still have slipped through (e.g. in "mc"). It will happen again as long as
some updates are rushed through the process without waiting for feedback
from more testers.