certain php-pear and php-channel-doctrine installs or updates run php forever

stan gryt2 at q.com
Fri Oct 8 14:40:37 UTC 2010

Hi,

I installed F14 x86_64 from the Beta DVD this week.  When I updated the
huge number of packages I normally install, I found that whenever
certain php-pear packages or the php-channel-doctrine package are
installed or updated, yum fires off php and it runs using over 90% of
CPU, and seemingly doing nothing.  I let it run for a while to see if
it was doing something useful, and it ran for over 40 minutes without
ending, using most of the cpu during that time.  When I cancel the
transaction, yum in the future informs me that there is a transaction
awaiting completion and I should run yum-complete-transaction.  When I
do the same behavior ensues.

I assume this is an error, and so I wonder where to file it. Is this an
error in yum?  In php?  In the configuration of the package being
installed? What should the bugzilla be opened against?  I would rather
not open a bugzilla for each component that does this, so how would I
generalize it?

Thanks.