F12 critical path testing

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Mon Oct 11 18:17:53 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-10-11 at 12:56 -0500, John Watzke wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 11:26 AM, James Laska <jlaska at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>         On Mon, 2010-10-11 at 10:58 -0500, John Watzke wrote:
>         >    Thanks Thomas.  This will work great.  Now we just need
>         to figure
>         > out how to drive this initiative.
>

>         I think you just did!  Best way to start, is by discussing and
>         following
>         up.
>

>    Okay, let me look over the test case and test plan templates and
> see what can be put together.  I do like your suggestion of starting
> with the heavy hitters such as firefox/kernel/glibc.  That will get us
> started and we can work our way down to the more obscure test cases.
>
>    Sometime this week, I'll put up a wiki page with a general list of
> known critpath packages.  This will give us a working set to start on.
> I'm thinking we can use that list to let folks "sign up" to track down
> the maintainer and work through the processing of defining a test case
> for the package and perhaps updating the status of preparing the
> tests.  Nothing too fancy... just something to keep some status on.

Awesome, I appreciate your initiative here :)  If you find it helpful to
manage status and coordinate efforts with multiple proventesters, feel
free to file tickets in the fedora-qa TRAC instance.  Let me know if
you'd like to create any additional TRAC milestones to organize this
effort.

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/

Thanks,
James